Friday, May 6, 2016

Thursday's Class



Teacher A assigned her a duet for the upcoming concert at the Esplanade Library.
We don't know who the other student is but we will meet to practise together after having learned our part. Kiki says she will be sitting on the left. We are not familiar with this song, and we have just one month before the concert........ 加油!加油!

 After class, we went to Katong 112 for snack.
Design your own sushi, mix and match from a variety of condiments, every sushi is unique.

While waiting for our sushi, she went to browse at the pet shop. 
Came back to the table and whined that she wants a hamster. Said she wants a female hamster so that the hamster will become a mother and have baby hamsters. I said, if no male hamster, how to have babies?  She was confused but she said then get a male hamster too. I said no, no, no. I can't deal with all the hamster babies. Plus who is gonna take care of the hamsters? I told her the other time we had two hamsters that eventually died and I cried for a long time. So I don't want any hamsters. So she sulked for a while, not able to understand why I keep saying no to pets.


 Smells good.
 Prawn roe, chicken floss, mayo tuna, honey.  $7.90



She bargained for one Kiddy Ride.

I let her have the Submarine but at the back of my mind, I think we should not play games with military theme, killing theme, bombing or whatever. That's how I feel especially after reading "The Giver" and also watching the movie. Offense or defense military, it is not "Bang! Bang!" I shoot you, you pretend to be injured or die, it is not child's game. It is lives lost. But if I become so serious with everything then I think people will think that I'm nuts. Like I have never bought Army toys for Colin. The ones he has are all from either the Grandpa, from Maricar, and one toy water pistol from Kiki. I don't buy him army stuff. But does that mean I oppose to Defense Military too? Hum...... I have not thought much about it. I do think that military is very important, I am only hoping that the grand vision of us, human, to live in peace, will be the way of life.

Quote: "It's better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war." 





No comments:

Post a Comment