Monday, May 9, 2016

12 Laps


 She looks like a boy.
Swam 12 laps yesterday.

On some weeks, she would whine and not want to go swim class. (usually because her coach had scolded her the week before)

In those moments I also felt like giving up. 
I mean, why do I want to press on? Can't we just leave it till P3 when it becomes compulsory to go through the swimming course that will be offered by schools? Why is swimming even a chore. And then I got to remind myself that Colin hasn't started on swim class and I wonder if I ever want to start him on it. Then I think that it's not fair that he doesn't get to learn and then I hope he would gain a bit more flesh and muscles before he starts swimming, then I think of all the logistics and the sun and the showering and the waiting of the bus, not forgetting the whining that is part of the package. I asked around the ladies around me, all of them told me they've gone through at least three years of swim class. At least get to the basic level before they stopped. Hum...... oh ya, I think there's one set of siblings that I know, their dad taught them to swim. So they didn't need a swim coach. Maybe I can find a patient and encouraging person for Colin. No lah. Who on earth will be so committed unless he's the father. or coach.

 She made a friend. She asked to take a photo together with Joe. Joe's daddy said okay, so Joe posed for a picture together. Kiki likes to play with Joe. Why doesn't she play with her own brother like how she plays with Joe? Hum.....


No comments:

Post a Comment