Monday, May 9, 2016

I learned



 So Saturday morning, I woke up to this vandalized piece of plastic chair. I thought to myself- Sigh, never mind lah, I have children with a healthy dose of curiosity and creative expression mode. I thought that I ought to give Colin the time to pass this vandalizing mode stage because we learn that all kids will go through this stage and it's never their fault. But then my story changed when I learned it was Kiki who had vandalized it, not Colin. Why!?  She should have outgrown this stage!?

I queried her purpose, she says it's "Patterning". (as in give it some patterns)

I said that the Plastic Chair cost $12.90  (actually, I think $12.90 for a set of two or something like that). 

The next day (Sunday), she emptied her Cat piggy bank, and her school pocket money wallet and gave me all her money. I asked if she had really counted them. Yes, she had been counting her money as she was saving up to buy a Fossil Slab (toy).




Upon my sis' suggestion to have Kiki scrub the plastic chair, Kiki washed the marker's marks off. Turned out those weren't permanent markers (I should have known!)

I offered to return her the money but she doesn't want. She wasn't sad or disappointed, she just didn't think she needs the money. She said I could keep it and was cool about it.

I thought I wanted to teach her a lesson. As in, you can't destroy someone else stuff, if not you've got to pay for it.

Turned out she was more giving than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment