Monday, May 30, 2016

Saturday 28 May



 I really, really couldn't walk properly on Saturday. In fact, I struggled to get home on Friday.
It was shocking, I had what I later found out-- ligament inflammation  -- at the ligament just above the heel bone. It was a very sharp pain, like a sprained leg but sharper pain. I had to text Pamela to cancel the appointment we had, I was going to her place to ask HJ to help Kiki with the duet piece cos our performance is just a couple of days away...... but I had so much trouble walking, I really didn't think I was gonna make it to her place.

In the morning, Maricar helped me bring the kids to music & chinese. I mean, I have always been the one plying up and down cos Maricar will be preparing lunch normally. So anyway, just once in a blue moon she stands in for me chaperoning the kids to classes.

 Kiki returned with a Hello Kitty trading card pack. Her Chinese teacher gave her this because she has gotten 98 marks for their in-house test. Small tokens like these makes the kids very proud. They will be excited over little cutsey stuff, generally.


 After violin, she carried the violin case for me so that we could inch our way to the toy store to get her a toy hamster. This toy hamster is quite realistic, especially when it is in its plastic cage ball. Kiki gave him a few names on trial-- Hammie, Cammy (for caramel), Ham-ham, and Milo. In the end, I think she prefers Ham-ham & Hammie. 


 I said if Hammie is male, then he must be a punk to use earrings. She said that she didn't know boys don't use earrings. I took it back, I said sorry, I mean he must be quite funky to be using earrings, and that there's no restrictions for boys to use earrings. I didn't tell her that her Papa used to have hair longer than mine, and used ear studs. I didn't quite appreciate his pony tail hair though. It was ok, just not ga-ga if you know what I mean.

Hammie has a nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment