Thursday, May 5, 2016

It is bad........................................................

This is the second time in my working life that I've faced pay-cut.

The other time was the SARS period and the Japanese hotel I worked with drew its curtains.

My (current) boss has sailed through three recessions, this fourth one now; he says is the worst.
I try not to think about it, but I do look back and regret that I had not had the foresight nor wisdom to have seen this coming or at least be more prudent or kiasu, kiasi about my finances. I didn't.  I lived like there was no tomorrow.

There is no point crying over spilled milk; the oil crash had already begun, and now every player be it drilling contractors, owners, manufacturers or suppliers are hanging on tenterhooks.

I was browsing on my phone when I saw this news-- it says that even pirates are not after the once, prized loot of oil tankers, the pirates are now after hostages and not oil because oil has no value even in the black market. Gosh, my brain can't even process that information. It's like the pirates ditched gold. That's how bad.

p.s: the pirates now confine the crew and asked its company to pay a ransom for release. they used to just take the oil. 




No comments:

Post a Comment