Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Blind as a bat no more



 I was trying to do some revision with her as we are left with Math & English tests this week and then it's the holidays. I didn't know that there's no exams for P1, there are only tests. I think there are no exams until P3? or is it P4. I better ask her teacher when I see her soon. 

We never get past question number 1- it had that old saying - "as blind as a bat" and then Kiki explained to me that Bats are not blind.   she had recently watched a documentary about Bats and then there's this book she's reading about Vampire (& bats). It says bats are not blind, they are as sharp as ice and they could spot the tiniest of bugs. I say it's just an old saying, that bats can't see well. Still she doesn't buy it. I said bats uses echos to locate objects, so in a sense, they are not using their eyes. Then she says if I hold up my hand in front of me, the bat will never bang into my hand, so they are not blind. She went on about how misunderstood Bats are. Great talking we had.



 #4- Bats are NOT blind



No comments:

Post a Comment