Friday, November 24, 2017

Vicariously Star Struck

My cousin was in LA when Jim Carrey drove past and waved hello to the pedestrians.

She took a short clip but she isn't someone who would do crazy stuff.

I told her I would have ran after his Limousine if I were there.

And then I would have shouted: "Good morning!"   and if I don't see you later, "Good afternoon, Good evening, and Goodnight!" 

I don't have a quotable quote from the other movie- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, so I can't shout a line from that.

So that's just a fickle of my imagination, you know, living a vicarious life, looking through the eyes of someone else. Don't we all do this these days? All the ogling has subdued my desires. Unreachable goals are better left undesired. But desirable goals will become reachable. Isn't that oxymoron? Once in a while, something like this makes me feel alive again. 






So I thought I would watch Eternal Sunshine during my lunch hour.
I can't begin to tell you how much this movie influenced me.
The moral & ethics behind the intentions to delete "painful" memories from one's mind, if you could do it, will you? If you could perform it, should you?



No comments:

Post a Comment