Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Jimmy Hock


This is the wall he left. It is covered with layers of paint.  

Jimmy is my father-in-law. Brendan's cousins call him "Uncle Hock". 
Brendan's mom calls him by his Hokkien name --"Hock". It is Hokkien for "Bliss"

Jimmy Hock's soul left on Sunday, I think, it should be heading to a good place. 

Through no fault of his, he had been troubled with the dementia disease in his old age. 
It had been a very long journey for me. I say this calmly and dispassionately.
Although it has taken a toll on my marriage, I think we should be able to heal with time. 
I have done over and beyond what is asked of me. So I am at peace.
I have always been at his defense when he was being mistaken (which happened rather easily).
When it was unduly hard for me on some days, I prayed.

So anyway, Jimmy Hock has moved on. 

A new chapter begins.




May you have a peaceful mind in eternity and thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment