Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Lifelong Learning

 Childhood Memory

I tried to revive that chirpy, fun fare tune my two best friends taught me when I was 10 (yes, you can have two besties), thanks to my sis who helped jogged my memory, I could play that tune again! Now I can pass this tune to KiCo, haha. I do not know the suite to this tune, I've tried to ask Kiki's (violin) teacher for the title but she doesn't know. She says it's a folk tune. Maybe I could ask her piano teacher but I don't get to see her, I've not communicated with her for over a year (!) How do we progress then? you may ask. Well, she does her teaching at the studios, I do my reminding at home. LOL!

Westminster Chimes

I am now so keen to learn from Colin's beginner piano book, I am playing the songs from his book =)
This Chimes sound like the Grandfather clock. My old neighbour at Tanglin Halt had one authentic grandfather clock, because I had been hearing it for five years while I lived there then, in my head, I could still hear it chiming away when I hear this tune now. It was exactly like this tune. (Although I think his clock was not telling the time accurately). 

  Ode to Joy- Beetoven (1770-1872)
from Symphony No. 9

I've found the music sheet from the web and could now start to practice using the right hand (treble clef)  along with the left hand (base clef), it is never too late for me to learn! Free lessons from my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment