Monday, June 8, 2015

Two Sundays ago


Okay where have I been?  Been without a PC, that's where I've been.
 
Here's filling you in.... 

That Sunday after Chinese class, we got home to the scene of two church volunteers sitting on the floor in my hall, prying, cutting and peeling dirt off my MIL's finger nails and toe nails. Again she did that. Always hopping at every opportunity to ask people to cut her nails. It made me feel damn lousy. It's like we have neglected her. Which we must have. Most of the time, Bren and his brother will take turns to cut their mother's finger nails, toe nails whatever nails. Sometimes, they ask her to wait or sometimes she doesn't want to ask them to cut her nails for whatever reasons. Then she would ask people who visits her. Once, she even asked my colleague who visited me during confinement, to cut her dirty nails! And my colleague did! She insisted I stayed in bed and stayed in my room. Then she proceed to cut my MIL's nails. (she was very insistent and i couldn't persuade her otherwise) hence I became indebted. Damn frustrating. So this time, the church workers, must have upon seeing my damn bloody black face, came up to me and said - Thank you for letting us "suffer" and do some work, so that we don't need to travel to third world country to do some charity. she added - Our lives are too good, children all grown up, we need to suffer a bit, thank you for letting us suffer. I was like- Yah, are you saying this is third world condition? Cutting of dirty nails? You haven't seen third world, madam. And you haven't smelled their shit. I plastered a smile on my face and kept my monologue in my head and didn't verbalize it. I must not get offended, and I must keep reflecting upon myself to take feedback positively, and to remind myself of my own tenacity in keeping my house together. So I just tried to busy myself by changing and grabbing my hat, got out of the house to cycle. Run, Forrest, Run! 








 It was hot and deserted, it felt like the hiking movie- WILD, just the heat and me. 
My bicycle went so slowly, even the man on a unicycle rode past me. I wanted to take a video of him but my bike couldn't catch up with him. Having said that, I still love my bike. She doesn't have a name because she's now too broken to be named. I mean, her shelf-life is in lieu. 





Suddenly, it occurred to me that I might not make it home with this grand nanny. It could die on me any moment now. I wondered if I should push it all the way back home or abandon it ungraciously. I think if you have a live-feed of my thoughts, you would be laughing everyday. Between laughs perhaps sometimes you might go - Aww.... like that. 

 Finally, civilization in sight. 

First thing first, my drink! 



 Refreshingly cool under leaves.

 Take five. 

 On the way home.
I should do this again soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment