Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Saturday- Meet-the-parents-day



 In the morning, Colin doodled on a drawing block while I was preparing to go to his school to meet his teachers.

He showed his sketch to me and explained that he drew "our house", which has long staircase (the black wriggly lines are staircases), there's also a lift inside the house if you don't wanna use the stairs, he says. I asked where's Mama? there were only three stick figures in his drawing. He says, no, Mama's in the house, the three persons in the garden are Maricar, Kiki & himself.

 Then, my aunt called to inform that my Grandfather has passed away.


We normally park Lancelot at the church when we visit the school which is nearby but this is the first time Bren has tagged along for Teachers' review on KiCo. I asked him to bring me inside the church so that I can say a prayer for my Grandpa. My Grandpa was not Catholic,  nor am I, so I hope we'd leave judgements aside because a prayer is a prayer.

 

 Some trending stuff on board. 

 A first aid kit, is it in French? remedes are medicine I suppose, like a remedy.

 Teachers raised many red flags pertaining to Colin's development. 
They showed me some of his colouring work that "were done in frustration". (example below)

They explained that many times, he didn't complete class activities, for instance on the board (top picture, yellow papers), Colin's piece, is an unfinished piece of work. He didn't finish tracing. (bottom left)

The teachers explained that we could all put in more effort to help the little boy develop. ..................... they said that we really ought to have meaningful play with him, as in, do activities with him, play ball for motor skills, play dough for finger strengthening. use jumbo oil pastel crayons with him, try to steer him to use his right hand if possible, and to play memory games. use bigger size T-shirts so that he could dress and undress himself during shower time. etc. 
I made a mental note to do something about it, and I was glad Bren sat in and hears for himself, so we could carry out the plans together. 

When it comes to art, I am really not too concern if the drawing takes shape or form.
I think Colin's doodles are alright.

 Self-portrait 
Not bad mah... looks cheeky like him. 

 It's high time for the food pyramid to be inverted, isn't it.

Kiki was supposed to make a book mark but she wanted to make a door tag that tells others not to disturb us, asleep in bed.



 She drew these back-to-back on a same piece of paper. I asked her, how am I to choose which side gets the bluetac and which side to be displayed? Both sides, I like.

she wrote- winh wan do you like?
she meant- which one do you like?


 Colin, on the other hand, began his "training", starting with colouring.
His colouring strokes progressed from neat to hurried. So..... must let him develop patience?



No comments:

Post a Comment