Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Batam Day 2 (going home)


 The room price came with breakfast, so we went for breakfast but we ate very little (compared to the spread they've got).  There were a wide range of Asian food, Japanese udon, miso soup, as well as the regular American breakfast fare.


 we didn't eat all these.

This is like S$7.30
 
I didn't plan on buying any toiletries because Bren was not with me. Normally, I would lug a lot of toiletries as he would carry them for me. I mean, most of the stuff I buy is for household. I didn't get anything for myself. Until I saw.... wa Hair Tonic! so cheap. Like half the regular price. 
One thing led to another. Shampoo, conditioner, hair tonic, sunscreen, kids undergarment, facial wash, etc etc etc. Ended up with one trolley full of toiletries. 

At the cashier, I asked my sis to gauge the cost of my loot. 
She says $100 or less. I said - Ya, $100 or less. (obviously both were intoxicated by the cheap thrill and not thinking straight).

To my shock, it was $300. Well, what was I thinking. I checked over the list and it was $2.9mil rupiah. It was so silly to lug the heavy loot back, luckily my sis was stronger. She definitely can go hiking. Hahaha. But anyway, I am glad to have bought all my hair care products at such good prices. 




No comments:

Post a Comment