Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Weekend







Saturday's music class. What did we learn?  
So-mi So-mi So-mi So-mi-do  like that lor. (hand signs)
Chimes, keyboard, ta ta ti ti ta. like that lor. 



 Using his sis' old sneakers. 
White socks are just so..... clean looking.

 Last week, Kiki panicked and drank water at the deep pool. (I wasn't there).

So this week, we had a hard time. She was sobbing the whole 30 mins while practicing her kicks. 
Until eyes swollen, eye bags formed. Nose red. 

Still, I encouraged her to overcome her fear. 

我是这么想的:- If I give her a break, it would be harder to restart. If we change a coach, it may not solve the problem because the problem is phobia. So this is like what I call the - Clutch Fighting phase. It's like you're changing gears on an upward slope? vroom vroom fighting clutch, find that balance, bite on it and step on!  So I kept signalling her the "I Love You" hand sign while I stayed at the corner of the pool (in pool). While she conveyed her message and wrote in the air
 "H O M E !" and pleaded to go home. 

So this continued for another 20 mins at the deep pool. My skin is so thick, I didn't care that I may appear crazy. She bargained with her stern coach to swim the breadth of the pool rather than the length. The coach said in a very loud and frustrated voice- But It's The Same What! Length or Breadth is the same! You are only swimming a Short Distance! 

Honestly, it is not the same for the child. You know why?
Although the kid may only be swimming 6 mtrs, it looks shorter when swimming it 3/4 of breadth; against swimming 1/10th of the length. Visually it looks intimidating not being able to see when you'll end. 
So anyway, luckily the coach gave up and let her and the other kids swim breadth. 
So after much coaxing with my hand sign, she managed to do her kicks with swim board and a short distance (3 mtr) without board.

I have the phobia of water despite liking the sea and water sports (which I am now unfit to do). 
But I hope KiCo will both enjoy swimming and water sports.



No comments:

Post a Comment