Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Happy Mother's Day



 I didn't keep track of it being Mother's Day but of course you would be reminded of it with the loads of pictures of people putting on their FB; dinners, gifts and what-nots. 

I didn't call my mom but she called me. Ha.
She didn't call to wish me, she called to tell me she bought cherries for KiCo and she bought durian puffs for me and they have to be consumed before the clock strikes twelve. No, she didn't say that of course but she meant that. She said got to eat the puffs Today (and it was,,, 830pm). So anyway, my mom is always fussing over us and we don't treat her with a lot of love like we really ought to. Because it is not fair to say that we are closer to my dad and not my mom because my mom worked her ass off and her job was literally back-breaking kind of job. Try working 364 days a year, standing all day, carrying heavy loads of fruits and veggies, transporting the VIP customer's baggage of fruits to their car at the car park, taking orders on the phone from hectic restaurant kitchens, dealing with a highly egoistic and highly demanding and unreasonable boss who is her brother. and multiply all that by 40 years. I don't blame her for all the things she had done. Mostly, she was just very insecure having little money and having her two children fostered to relatives and having constantly to hear about how she should do this this way and do that that way. If I were her, I would have told them all to fuck off. Including sisters, brothers or whoever fuck that adds stones to a drowning person. But well, my mom didn't tell them to fuck off. Because I don't know,.. she didn't have the resources to be more independent. She didn't think she could walk away from her job nor her marriage nor her children. Or she had the strength and grit to hold it together. Or she didn't have the resource or chance to do something groundbreaking. So anyway, I didn't intend to write about this, it just came out. Maybe because I was watching the movie - WILD, the whole day and it affected me.

So anyway. 


Colin made the sunflower craft and Kiki made a box with egg tray inside. 






No comments:

Post a Comment