Thursday, May 21, 2015

Just Sayin'




When I have kids, it's no longer about me. 
It's about them. 
Of course I would have to keep myself in good shape to be able to give. 
Good mental, physical, emotional shape, that is. 
A happy mom has a happy child. 

I have no idea why people tell me there's not a need to send kids to all sorts of enrichment classes. The people always tell me that they never did attend all sorts of classes nor tuition and they turned out fine. I want to tell them that perhaps they might have turned out excellent if they had the chance. But I don't feel any need to convince them. So I keep my mouth shut.
And there's this thing called Neuroplasticity.
Children learn, unlearn, relearn a whole lot better.
What took a 5-year-old 2 weeks to unlearn, then relearn; took a trying adult 8 months.
Think about it. 

All my friends who have children excelling academically, IP, etc., all started their kids early. 
And their kids are very well mannered too. 
I can't say the same for many others. 
So...... anyway, I'm just sayin' you know. 

2 comments:

  1. How ah? I don't send my kids to much enrichment class. I have to buck up then. :( Kept telling myself don't rush them yet. I find things here slack (no homework until 10 years old) and I am not making extra effort. They play a lot after school and I just read books to them before bedtime. While playing, they do invent things and be creative. I will give your post a serious thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to have a more relaxed atmosphere. You can always carry out your own weekly lessons with your boys. :) in if you have the time and patience.

    ReplyDelete