Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Painstakingly Learning Chinese


Oops... tell tale sign.. at 10pm still doing Chinese.

How how how?  P1 coming and we haven't learned to write in sentences.

Do a little a day, but so many "little" things to do!

I have to be so careful when I show her how to write a single Chinese word because many times my strokes are not in correct sequence.  So I've got to check the strokes before showing her. And that is painstakingly slow. Every night I nudge myself, just do it, just do it. If I slack then slack will snowball. Just take a night's off every Friday. So Monday to Thursday is work on the double shifts, fit in speech & drama, piano, abacus, violin classes, plus revisions and a few leaflets of worksheets. Friday work in the day, off in the evening. Saturday music X 2 and shopping, eating day. Sunday Chinese, swimming and playground day. Nightly- reading as much as possible. Playground as much as possible. Take a break as much as possible. Take precaution against browning out. Juggle, juggle, juggle. Impart values and let KiCo grow.







words from books issued by her school for reading in class. 
(just sight reading, no need spelling)


No comments:

Post a Comment