Thursday, September 1, 2016

While you were sleeping




Two weeks ago, we had one overseas Principal in town. He came to our office for a meeting and he came with a local business associate. It was our first meeting hence generally we were all just getting to know each others' business nature and to discuss collaborations. 

Anyway, the meeting had started when I entered the meeting room. So the Principal was giving my boss and my colleague a brief background about himself and all. I noticed the Principal and his associate had a coffee each, in front of them. But the coffee cups were without their saucers (I've also noticed that the sugar sachets were strewn loosely around). 

As I made myself a cup of coffee, to join in the meeting, I saw that the saucers were all on the bottom tier of the trolley. They must have missed it, I thought to myself. So I retrieved two saucers and excused myself for interrupting; placed the saucers under their coffees. Our guests looked surprised, but they both thanked me for being thoughtful.

We had a pleasant introductory meeting, hopefully we would be able to enter into another niche market, given this current market conditions. 

Anyway, that night while I slept, I woke up at 4.30am. It was nothing, I just woke up for nothing. But in bed, it occurred to me that I hadn't checked if my boss had a saucer for his coffee or not. I think he might have also missed it, but it didn't cross my mind to check his, then. I was only looking out for our guests. 

Anyway, this is no issue, nor is it important. It is trivial. 

What I'm surprised with this, is that a realization came to me in my sleep. The realization about whether my boss had a saucer or not. 

I hope more and more revelations or any kinds will come to me. They don't have to mean a thing. By giving me an insight into trivial matters is interesting enough for me. It is no wonder they say that your subconscious is more powerful than your conscious mind. It knows the things you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment