Monday, September 26, 2016

Ikebana

KiCo returned from the playground all excited. They are especially cordial when they have a joint project. In this case, they had wanted to give me a surprise.

Colin lamented- Oh no, Mommy's home!
I asked- Why don't you want me home?
He replied- We want to surprise you but you're here! 
I said- Okay, I won't look then. 

The two of them busied themselves, hushing each other, excitement in the air.
After ten minutes, they came up to me and exclaimed- Taadah! 

Oh wow, oh wow. It was a beautiful thing she was holding in her palm.
They made a tiny flower pot (with Playdoh) and filled it up with random wild flowers they've found at the playground's garden.

Colin explained- this is Dandelion, this one is also Dandelion. 

wow, who says he can't speak well?  I thought to myself.

This little pot of flowers looked like an Ikebana arrangement. 

I know the flowers will wither overnight, so I took in the moment, looked at its randomness and soaked in the innocence of my children's love.

After that, I placed the tiny Ikebana at Bren's work desk, sharing the moment with him.






No comments:

Post a Comment