Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sunday, Sept 11th 2016


 "After you've read this book, pass it to Janice" my sis said.

"Okay" I replied.

Six years passed and I hadn't read that book.

That reminds me of my ex-colleague; Caroline. She said she picked up a parenting handbook and read the entire book. She found the guide and tips interesting and helpful. The only thing is that she had bought that book when her son was five and didn't pick it up to read until she found the time when her son was 19. LOL. 

So, here am I, trying to do the things I had intended to do.

I cycled to the beach, book in basket, ate breakfast, cycled again.
One part of the beach looked like a refugee camp. Littered with tents, big and small.
It is amusing how outlook of a place could transform so superficially.
The old chalets are not in operation, deserted and unkempt.
The old tennis centre is now a "prawning" joint. I wished tennis could come back to the East Coast so I can go play there?
Otherwise, the beach was wonderful. Sunny, airy, and a section filled with greenery, I imagined myself to be riding through a forest.

 To lie down on a beach, to just listen to the wind & waves, to just read a book, is simple bliss.

 Feeling ashamed to feel dreadful about having to learn the multiplication times-table with Kiki, while the children in the mountains eagerly learn the times-table by writing with twigs on mud, without a teacher in their classroom. Their desire to learn, to read, to grow, is fierce and strong. 
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.

 The book from six years ago, front pages turned yellow.


 Meanwhile, Bren brought the kids to the Church as there was a fun fare there.
Maricar told me that Kiki is a very good shooter, her bullets struck the target's head two times, at the chest one time.
But she couldn't say the same about their attempts at the ball throwing station.
They couldn't hit a stack of tin cans despite three throws each.



three new members to our guppy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment