Thursday, September 15, 2016

Weeknight Wednesday



Mom @ work 

hidden camera
As per usual, teacher says needs more practice (the other violin class)

Children being "clever / smart / fast learners", having "good memory", etc., does not translate into "talents" nor good academics. Pardon all the inverted commas, those terms are very subjective these days. The key then is, how do we encourage persistence, consistency, conscientiousness without having to nag, beg, or threaten. I'm a lazy mom, I don't beg or threaten, and I hate to be a nag. So, by doing none of those, and leaving music practices largely to her own devices have always been my approach. Mostly, I tell her to co-operate. That's all. 


she says she's always hungry 
growth spurts 

 cold soba & greens $8

kid's meal $7.90

No comments:

Post a Comment