Monday, September 5, 2016

Adventures with her Yiyi


It is the start of the September one-week-school-holidays and I don't have much plans for KiCo. 
Firstly, Colin was unwell, he had fever the past week and now, cough. Today (5th Sept), his school asked us to collect him from school as he had vomited his breakfast. He had already missed school the whole of last week as his school had five cases of HFMD hence we stayed away. Given his temperature, we won't be allowed into the school anyway.

My mom asked me not to celebrate Colin's birthday in future. She says some kids can't take the I don't know what term she used. Probably something along the line of a heavy weight blessing or sorts. Anyway, I don't want to be trapped in a negative mindset of taboo, furthermore, I didn't throw any big party, it was only us, family. So, I brushed my mom's comments aside. I know she dotes on Colin and felt heartache to see him grow thinner. She came over to my place almost every day to see him. I also felt heartache to see my baby become thinner but falling sick is indeed part and parcel of growing up, plus he is fine, he's happy and ever playful, just hope he regains hearty appetite soon.  

So, it was the start of the September holidays, I asked my sis to bring Kiki out, and they went rock climbing. 

I am not sure why but Kiki says she's afraid of heights. I said that is rather weird, because she loves roller coasters. She told me that non-moving height is not the same as "fast height". In her kids language, she says "fast height" is fun but "tall height" she's afraid. So I guess she has met with some obstacles while climbing the walls and had a mental block. She told me she ended up crying towards her last climb. (5th climb). 

I told her that to overcome fear, we should approach it more often so that the fear will diminish over time. But I will not push her on this, I said she can decide if she wants to do it again but whatever the case, there will be lots of different types of fears in our lives and the sooner we learn to deal with them, the sooner we discover ourselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment