Monday, April 25, 2016

Wow, a Typing Club =)

Friday evening, as I was.... can't remember what I was doing but I wasn't playing with the kids.
It was late and Colin has gone to bed cos we still have classes the following morning.

Kiki was occupying herself with her "Computer Lab" stuff.
I thought she was playing games or watching YouTube on the notebook but was intrigued with her gentle typing.

Like this--
kkdd ddkk dkdk kdddk dkkd
jjff ffjj fjjf jffj fjfj jfjf jjjf fjfjjf

Her school has this "Computer Lab" programme, each student has an ID to log in the Typing Club website. They have done a few sessions in class, so she could independently key in the website address on the toolbar and log in on her own. No help needed from me =)


User ID, Password, Website. 



  Sit straight, pretend you're at a fancy restaurant.

Practice sessions 1 to 100!
Who would go such lengths?

But really, it's quite fun for the kids.  I think when they treat this as a game, they would learn along the way. I remember during my school days, only the Commerce students and Computer Club people get to do these. Now, it's a common commodity. The "digital divide" has narrowed and we're dealing with "data divide" -- that is-- how much data access & speed you can get access to and afford.


I was also glad to find out that Kiki set up a user profile for her brother on her LeapPad and even selected a set of games for him. She borrowed my mobile phone, scrolled for a photo of Colin, used her tablet to take a picture of the photo, and used that picture she's taken to set up the profile photo. 
See, no need email, no need wifi, no need physical presence of the person, take a photo of a photo also can set up a user profile. No need to enlist my assistance also. 



No comments:

Post a Comment