Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Dressmaker



"Based on the novel of the same name by Rosalie Ham. In the 1950s, Myrtle "Tilly" Dunnage returns to her hometown of Dungatar, an Australian country town to take care of her ill mother, Molly. 
Molly had sent Tilly away at the age of ten because of false accusations of murder. Tilly, an expert dressmaker trained by Madeleine Vionnet in Paris, transforms the locals with her couture creations and in the process, exacts revenge on the people who wrongly accused her of murder all those years ago."

The above is the synopsis but that's not all to the movie. 
It is not a bitter-sweet romantic movie, it is just BITTER. Bitter with a capital B.  capital I, capital TTER. Capital Depressing. It is not just the "Carrie, high school prom rage revenge" theme. It is worse.
Very hard to watch. Very depressing and I am still depressed when I think of it. 
How could they ever, ever! make such a depressing movie. Or Book!
Of course it came from a book but I haven't read the book so I do not know if the book is more depressing or the movie.
Why am I telling you this? Do I want you to watch or not to watch?
I don't know!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment