Friday, April 22, 2016

Happy Earth Day






Last evening, I reminded Kiki she has an appointment with the Dentist today but she told me she has already seen the Dentist during the day yesterday. So I was confused. Do we still go for our appointment or not?   Firstly, the other time we were there at 2pm, the clinic was closed. "We" as in my helper, Kiki and my spirit. You know, a mother's job is never done, even when she's working she's juggling the kids' calendars. When the Dentist's appointment is at 2pm, we will have to pack lunch, eat at the void deck outside the school, wait a little till 2pm before going for the appointment. So being shut out from the clinic was not a nice experience, having gone through the hassle. Mind you, the day before the first appointment, I had asked Maricar to go to the school, go to the clinic to confirm the appointment yet there was still a hiccup. A couple of days later, after I cooled off, I telephoned the clinic. But no one picks up the phone. So I understand that the doctor might be a one-woman-show, so I phoned at various hours, still no one picks up the phone. So I wrote a note and asked Kiki to bring to the clinic. The Dentist gave us a new appointment date, which is Earth Day today. But now the latest development is what Kiki had just seen the dentist yesterday, did that count? I would really hate it if we were shut out for a second time. So I called the clinic again this morning. No answer, so I called the General Office to leave a message for the Dentist. The GO was not willing to take a message, she asked me to call the clinic directly and I told my story from head to toe before she grudgingly took down my number. The Dentist called back so I clarified if the appointment is still on since she has seen Kiki yesterday. She explained that the appointment is positively still on and the thing yesterday was an audit. Audit? I asked. What audit is that?  She says the HQ does audit on children with higher risk on tooth cavities. Oh........ okay. So alright, the appointment is on. 

As for my dental appointment, I've made an appointment at the Polyclinic. It'll be all the way till March 2017. The nurse was surprised that I accepted an appointment some eleven months down the road. Well, why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment