Friday, April 29, 2016

老花眼 & others



 If you don't already know-- there are MultiFocal Contact Lenses (for 老花眼)  i.e. Presbyopia 
My eye sight had deteriorated until I can't even read the subtitles on TV. I can't see the faces of people and I had not been making eye contact because I don't want to appear squinting or staring. So that's kind of inconvenient. When I do use the regular contact lenses, I get dizzy after two hours. With the regular lenses, you can't read the text on your mobile phones, let alone use it at work having to stare the the PC screen for hours. If you stubbornly try to read, you will get a headache. When I told this to the optometrist, he recommended me the MultiFocal contact lenses, hence. I only use the lenses when I have an appointment, an event, or when I know I'm spending more time with others (so I could see their faces and stop behaving like I have something to hide). 

While I was at the optometry shop getting the lenses, the sales person told me about the sale that was going on while stocks last. Both Kiki & Colin had MISPLACED their shades.......... it is not wise to ask kids to take ownership of their belongings when they have not gotten used to caring for more items external to themselves. Like Kiki had lost the Flik Flak watch after two months of using it for school. She now uses a white colour digital watch from Diaso $2. I don't let her use the Baby-G that her Yiyi gave. She only uses the Baby-G occasionally. Kiki told me that they all have to remove their watches and put them in a pile during P.E lessons. After P.E, they will then retrieve their watches. This is to avoid scratching each other. For many young people these days, they don't use watches anyway. So I've bought Colin a new pair of shades the other time. Only Kiki is short of a pair. At the sale, there were the CK ones, Ray Ban ones and some other brands, all going at $50 a pair! Oh wow! How wonderful! (most of these were just selling at $210, $230 not long ago).

These are not kids' shades, these are adult size but honestly petite cos they can't fit my wide face.



I got myself a Swiss brand (Smarty) Polarized pair for rough use. Also $50. Every pair on sale is at $50!  While stocks last. (Shop name: The Eye Site, at Parkway Parade B1-99)

For me, it is important for my shades to be polarized because I've gotten so used to having it, I won't do without it.

The one I'm using every weekend has scratches all over and the film coat at temple are flaking off like dandruff.

No comments:

Post a Comment