Monday, April 18, 2016

Saturday Regular


We went to Meidiya Supermarket to get Fortune Cookies since I've said I would get her Fortune Cookies a couple of years ago and my sis recently spotted them at Meidiya. 

Kiki had a $10 Ang Bow for her Lunar Birthday and wanted to "get something nice" for herself. 
We took the MRT after our violin class to get to Clark Quay MRT and walked to Liang Court (the old Diamaru is now Meidiya Supermarket). The late Mr. Goh Cheng Liang of Liang Court ( and business tycoon who made it rich with the Nippon Paint & subsequently with the property market) was an acquaintance of my grandpa. In the old days, the early settlers at the Boat Quay, Clark Quay, Hill Street areas all know each other if not by name; by reputation of the work they do as they often meet when they eat at limited eateries during that era and when they sit at Bak Kuk Tey tea houses over tea. In the old days, people who see each other regularly at their favourite eating places would just chat each other up since the common denominator is good food. So this carried on until the late 80s, after that, the pace of life changed and old acquaintance see lesser and lesser of each other. Next time I should bring KiCo to the TCC at Clark Quay and tell them about my grandpa's old house. Before that place was re-developed, my uncle brought us (cousins and aunts) for a "last walk" and we went up to visit their old house. I remember that the downstairs was an old fashioned coffee shop. After Clark Quay was refurbished, the unit became The Connoisseur Concerto, which re-branded to TCC, and lately yet re-branded to O'coffee club. Bren & I used to hangout at TCC at Clark Quay in the 90s.








(April 2016)

(August 2011)

 With $10, she bought these items at one low-price store. ($2 per item)

 Toothpicks
 (Sunday) we had much fun blowing bubbles at the court downstairs and watching them fade. initially, they were excited to watch the bubble burst. when they learned that if the bubbles hold out long enough, they will fade into thin air instead of burst, it became new excitement to seek out fading bubbles rather than bursting bubbles. Kiki was conservative with the soap. She said she doesn't want to use much because whatever remaining soap, I would throw them away. (I had recently thrown four, big tubes of bubble set away because those were too messy to handle and they were collecting dust). I promised her I wouldn't throw these new ones away because these are easy to use and easy to wash. Plus we could easily just add liquid soap and they could play with these forever so these will not be discarded.

 She bought a toy water piston for Colin. Colin brought it to the playground last evening and came home all drenched! The other boy had a 1 liter tank jumbo water gun!


 I bought these because they were 2B. I don't like HB pencils, I only use 2B. Sometimes, I don't know what to do with those HB pencils that we receive as gifts.

All-in-one Multi Colour Pen


No comments:

Post a Comment