Monday, July 16, 2018

Smashing Good Vibes

Courage-- is Grace under pressure. 
Hear, hear.


Underground tunnel to the beach on a Friday night.
Just had to go find some quiet time, where else but solace from crashing sound of breaking waves.


Every time during our office's meeting, my boss will casually recap on how we are paid above market rate, implying that we ought to be satisfied that we still have a job and that we are well paid. 

Two years ago when we had our pay-cut, this kind of sentiment was meant to help us settle into the uncomfortable transition period of pay-cut adjustment of lifestyles. But two years after, why are we still needing to be appeased with subtle mind-controlling sentiments like these?  Anyway, if we could speak freely, I would have told my boss that we beg to differ. Alas, our culture here is still so backward that we do not feel like having to deal with the backlash of being outspoken. Such stifling culture, oppressed and constrained. Better find other outlets to OM it out or let go of frustration so as to remind myself of my real, honest, self albeit I could only say this here and to my friends. 

Recently, a centenarian commented in an interview that her secret to longevity is-- to drink wine and to shoot down baloney (baloney: rubbish, nonsense, bullshit) and I hope to do just that. Eventually. 





EFT- Emotion Freedom Technique
I had learnt this some 2 decades ago (ya, from my Reiki teacher) before it caught on and never left. 
How is something touted as "the solution" yet I have not put it into much use. 
Is the problem me? *laziness? *too easy? *no follow through?
Well......... then let it be problem no more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment