Monday, July 16, 2018

Colin & Legos


 Gigantic Lego Classic Brick



 They click!
LOL.

Tiny taxi, police car, truck & cars.
Chunk-up (big), chunk-down (tiny), abstract toys imagination at its cutest.

Colin remembers that I had promised him a small toy after every successful swimming lesson. By "successful" we mean he goes through the lesson without crying and makes an attempt to do the breathing technique for the breast stroke (frog style).  Colin has been taking swimming lessons since March, (four months now), initially, the lessons were fine. Then came the real challenge from the deep pool. About two months of crying, whining, incredible dread; we have finally outgrown the fear and have made progress. Luckily I persisted. I changed tactic by joining him in the pool. I had to ditch all lazy excuses of inconveniences and just supplement by giving him extra coaching of my own, after his official swimming session. So after yesterday's successful swimming lesson, he reminded me of a Lego brick that has an in-built bulb that I had promised to get for him... $3.90 at the Lego specialty store. 

Thank you, school, for allowing students who need extra coaching to sit-in 30 mins before class. It helps that they learn Spelling or reading given the extra 30 mins. #appreciation #gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment