Friday, January 12, 2018

Cold Day

Last night I met S for steamboat at our regular joint but that entire coffee shop was locked and closed. The steamboat operator had CLOSED DOWN. The entire coffee shop might have been sold to redevelopment. We were sad because we didn't get the chance to say Goodbye. We didn't like, meaningfully ate there one last time and now all we have is hanging on the hinge of memory. So, really, always be in-the-moment so that you'll have a richer memory when retrieval is needed. 

It was so cold last night, we were both shivering, no kidding. Cos after steamboat we both had glasses of Coke and also ice slush lime. We ended up cold. 

This morning was chilly. 23 deg out in the open. Yes, I was waiting for my bus at 6.27am. It was cold and rainy but it felt nice. 



Interesting to learn of regular people getting "famous" these days. Especially Singaporeans. 
This Singaporean lady embroiders scenes and scenery wherever she travels. Be it locally or overseas. Such a neat idea to use her hobby to capture the scenes instead of using the camera. 
She now gets commissioned work by big-shot names like Gucci, SIA, etc. 
You can find her at IG - "teeteeheehee" 

About a year ago, Kiki had asked me for embroidery materials. While I was in Taipei with Val the other time, I did come across embroidery starter's kits at the nice, mega stationery store but I was refraining from spending money then and I didn't buy them. I might want to let her do some cross-stitch first. I remember in primary school we used to make pencil cases from cross stitching, surely stitching requires fine motor skills and patience, which would do kids good. 

Regular people are gaining spotlight now. 
We have the lady that does miniature clay commissioned by John Legend. 
We have florists who runs workshops and also does commissioned work. 
I have not discovered any hobby or talent in any field so I can't make money from a sideline work. Hopefully, I will stumble into something that will give me residual income, something that doesn't interfere with my work nor my parent-duties. 





No comments:

Post a Comment