Wednesday, March 9, 2016

On a Tuesday Night


 Finally got a rare date with the Papa. Ever since we hadn't had Lancelot, we don't get much facetime. We used to do breakfast every weekday and I would fill him in with all that's happening. Even then, it felt lopsided. It is disturbing how distant I would feel in a short span of a month, and that would lead me to think that there's something wrong with our relationship. Honestly, life's demands can turn humdrum. It's like first, I put work before me. Because I need the income. Second, I put the kids before me. Because they deserve the most from me. And then there's no third. There's no energy left to put romance into marriage, no time to be tender, no time to have fun. I often have to remind myself to unwind and then feel bad about giving myself Me time away from the children. 

So anyway, the Papa and I did catch up more last night. About how Kiki tried to reach the bottom of the deep pool  as she swam (and was lectured by Coach & I), and how a stray cat almost gnawed and scratched her face because she patted the cat without caution. And how she cried when Colin told me of the cat incident and how I didn't scold her but explained that she must not think that all cats and dogs are demure. Then we talked about him leaving his job and I said to look at it in another way-- he went there to make a friend. And we talked about our next, used car that will be coming, and about his next work ventures, and if at all permissible, to see if we could work-in a short vacation in Phuket in June. It was two years ago that we went and KiCo are always talking about the place.


 Meanwhile, they were at the library when they found a book titled - Kiki  the Orangutan. LOL.

I said- Eeew, these looked a tad scary. What kind of alien are they?
She says she had drawn them after watching- PJ Masks.
 PJ what?

PJ Masks. They echoed, and broke into the theme song.

Was it on TV? I asked.

Humm..... dunno but it's on YouTube, they concurred.They rattled off about the characters- Catboy? Owelette? and one more dunno what. oh ya Gekko.

A quick search reveals - PJ Masks is based on the Les Pyjamasques book series from French author- Romuald Racioppo. It's like the kid's IN thing right now. Toys, merchandise, costumes, books. You name it.


 Owlette, Catboy, Gekko.


No comments:

Post a Comment