Wednesday, March 2, 2016

BKK: Day 1 (Part 2) Train Market

In the late afternoon, we grabbed some noodles from one of the push carts or should I say one of those food trucks that sold Thai Noodles. I would have loved to go for Tom Yam Noodles but I had to ban myself from anything spicy..... I have haemorrhoids (piles) and I shit fresh, scarlet, blood when I consume spicy or overly stimulating dishes. It took many horrid sights before I relented and self-exclude dishes like Tom Yam, Mah Lah and Korean Kimchi Noodles. Sometimes, Laksa also I have to forgo. So............................... I just took a few spoonfuls of the Tom Yam soup from my aunt. How sad!









 These food trucks are just in front of our Hotel. 
They are opened till late. If you really need to munch, the McDonald's is also 24-hour.




  
 The street food is generally nice and flavourful. Like these hotdog sausage crepes. I have no idea why we bought ONE to share.
 
 We had dinner at one Jap restaurant because we didn't know that the Train Market was so happening......



When night fell, we headed to one of Bangkok's few Rod Fai(s). We went to the one located at "Ratchada". Rod Fai means Train Market; historically, these markets had train tracks a stone throw away and the night bazaars are as lively as they could get. You would have to tell the taxi driver "Ratchada Train Market" and make sure he understands you. (Taxi was about 150-200 baht) The train market is not visible from the street front. It is located behind a shopping complex (Seacon Square Shopping Mall), don't waste time walking for nothing, ask for directions as you move along. Many locals go there too. The place is bustling with live, noisy & rowdy but it has nice vibes. Photographers would enjoy the sights. Many pubs, eatery, BBQ joints, plus all sorts of flea market stalls. The next time I'm there, I would go there for BBQ dinner and drinks. 

 Seafood BBQ smells so mouth watering.


 Fritters 

 People

 Salads

 Cheese balls

 Beer gardens

 more beers


 Coffee & Tea

 50 shades of shades (T-shirts)


 what-nots

 plants (50 baht is like S$2)

 Quaint looking barber 
and many, many quaint looking shops and stalls. 





No comments:

Post a Comment