Friday, March 4, 2016

Math- P1: Term 1


So, had I been too trusting?

Her teacher had briefed us earlier, that, as long as there were nothing extra that comes back with the school bag, means that the child has managed to complete his work during lesson time and no extra work would be required at home. She said that if there had been any text books, worksheets, in the bag, that would mean some effort needed on our part.

So, there wasn't any Math stuff returning home until a couple of days before the Test.
One folder filled with worksheets. Oh...... several "corrections" needed. Oh wow....... I needed time to digest and develop a plan to better explain these sums to Kiki.  Anyway, these sums and methods are all new to me.

For these Number Bonds, I said- Look for "Two Eyes & One Nose" (numbers from two eyes sum up to the number for the nose). vice versa number from nose help deduce numbers from eyes. Whatever works, worked.


Wa..... this one took a while for me to understand.
It means these numbers are a "Family", so whatever math sentences you make, you could only use the family of numbers.

Where can I get worksheets accordingly to Lesson Plan by the school term?  Popular Bookshop?
These questions are totally different from the online ones that we've been practicing..........
You know, half the time my mind is racking to device a plan for Colin too. I must make time for him and develop a short and effective method to let him learn. That boy is so cheeky. Read to him a Chinese book, he mimic my voice in a squeaky animated voice. He's never serious. Are boys born this way? 
 
Pictorial Number Sentences 


No comments:

Post a Comment