Thursday, March 3, 2016

BKK: Day 3: Part 1: All about Platinum Fashion Mall


So, our hotel's lobby has an escalator that would bring you straight to the Mall itself. There's a larger annex to the Mall, so you'd have two buildings to shop at your door step. It could take up the whole day just to shop at these two buildings.

 Okay, first, Breakfast.
I gravitate to the same, old, dishes every day. It's like you fall for the same type of guys every time or wear the same, old, grey T-shirt every time. But well, the things that we truly like are but a few. 
So, for me it's the same old cheese, soya bean milk, porridge and I try to throw in a bun or so cos I can't be eating butter by itself.

If I've got it right, I think the Gruyère Cheese is my favourite. It is a tad smelly but not to the extent of turn-off. Perhaps that piece is middle age hence. 
Perhaps I could try to go get a piece from the supermarket here to test if that is what I like. 






 Lunch at Fuji Restaurant located at Platinum (6th Floor corner). The entire 6th Floor is a food court.


 Stuff I've bought.

 Shoe shoes & lots of ankle socks (socks not shown in pix)
 1,100B on sale at 660B (about S$26) no need to tie shoe laces, yay. 



 My sis found this one-price Chiffon dress shop that sells a dozen designs dresses. 
200B per piece is a steal! (S$8)
buy 10 pieces free 1 piece some more! 
We had only discovered this shop on our last morning there.... if not, we might have bought more.

 fanciful ice cream 

 Mango rice 

 S$8-$12



For fun, we took the hotel's Tuk Tuk to the Central World Plaza (which is just opposite the hotel)
The Central World Plaza is slightly more premium shopping. It houses Isetan, and other local brands like Naraya. There was a food & travel fair going on when we visited, so we explored the fair a bit. 

Candy Floss 





 I love Conceptual Art like these. The Rooster print is on a paper bowl where they served noodles.
The "Tin Kart" print is on paper carriers. A paper version of clay and enamel tin.


No comments:

Post a Comment