Thursday, March 3, 2016

BKK: Day 4: Home Sweet Home


It was the eve of my aunt's BD. Had it not been the leap year, it would have been her birthday.
So I asked my sis to ask for a candle from the waitress and I made a quick view to see what I could use to assemble a cake of sorts. A cake must always be a sort of chiffon, that's my take. There must always be cream, so cream there was. A dash of strawberry jam to brighten it (I wanted to make heart shape but didn't have time), drizzle some fudge, Taada! A mini-cake. We conspired and made swift moves, my aunt didn't suspect a thing and was gladly surprised when we brought out the cake from under the table.


 Told you I keep eating the same, old, thing. This time, headed straight for my favourite.
Still I'm not sure if this is Gruyère Cheese. I will have to confirm it next time.

ended up with pork floss crepe for lunch.

 We actually headed to THAT FAMOUS WANTON NOODLES at Soi 19
we were there at 8.30am and thought that we were too early, no queue so don't be so kia su lah, went for a walk inside the market (lots of clothing), came out around 8.50am but THE QUEUE WAS A FEW METERS LONG. WITH A FULL HOUSE INSIDE THE RESTAURANT ALREADY! 
My gosh, where did these people come from????
So we ended with no Wanton Noodles! 
That was ridiculous. But well, it could only mean we will be back! LOL.
look at it for yourself!

 So, Bangkok is a destination that has become so much better to shop & eat compared to a decade ago when I followed my friends to replenish stock for the push cart stalls they were running. From B2B, it became friendlier B2C. However, always bear in mind that bargained buys are just part of the experience. It is fun but don't forget to spend your time basking in the relationships with the people you are holidaying with, after all, that's the main point.





 Mid-size Tuk Tuk




 Vit C

 Mug for fresh milk, cereal. 




 For my mom & godma. Same blouse, different sizes. S$10 each.

My aunt bought this for like S$6....

And then, it's back to work....... Lancelot is not coming back...
 Bus, bus, train, bus. Here I go. 


Luckily got new read
This book's better than the movie (my view)

No comments:

Post a Comment