Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Just say- Thanks!


So this morning, Bren nagged that our helper didn't update us that there is not a single piece of umbrella left in the house. I said that given the respond that she might receive, it is understandable that she would not be forthcoming. I said that if she were to tell him that his father has yet again brought the umbrella out and came home without any, or that his father found the last, hidden brolly and took it anyway; his respond would likely be- Why didn't you stop him?   So if I were my helper, I also won't want to face that kind of music. I also told Bren that his dad is not the mad one, but we are the mad ones. Already like more than two dozens umbrellas got lost and his father kept using and throwing them away like old newspaper, why are we still putting the brollies at the same hiding place?  We should change location. So, that's the new plan. 




There's this young chap, came over to install the drinking water filter. 
He came over two weeks back to collect the damaged filter and he came back today to install the repaired parts. Sent me a message wishing my MIL speedy recovery (having seen her arm in a brace & sling). I had a good laugh and texted- "She won't recover, she had a stroke 20 years ago". But I thought to myself, why wanna burst his optimism bubble. He's a cheerful chirpy chap. 
So I just said- Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment