Tuesday, February 28, 2017

It's your prerogative




My aunt is illiterate, she will always call me to help her write her messages.
Of late, one of her brothers had been ignoring her invitations to family gathering. So finally my uncle replied that he wants nothing to do with the rest of his siblings and that his late father had failed him.

To me, that's bullshit fully loaded.

But I gave my aunt a more controlled reply. I've told my aunt to leave her brother alone but my aunt won't listen. She kept saying she will pray more.

Anyway, what I wrote to her brother was-- "I hope you can find peace with the unfortunate past and let it lose its grip. If by being separate means you would grapple less, than of course it is your prerogative although I am very dismayed by how we have become."

Honestly, if my uncle had been so affected by what was done to him (verbal & emotional abuse) and that his faith didn't help, he should go do some mental work but honestly, I think he's lame and full of excuses. If you can't forgive, don't pretend to have forgiven. All I can say is that he has never loved his siblings enough to forget the past.


 Other matters....

No comments:

Post a Comment