Thursday, February 16, 2017

Movies


"The Founder" movie is okay, so so, not too bad but can't say it was good either. 
I mean, I do appreciate the movie. It was just that the movie did not dive into Ray Kroc's character, it was quite superficial, plus coming from Michael Keaton, you wonder if there could have been more. 
I have no idea why people call this the "dark side" of MacDonald's history. Everyone knows Ray was not the original founder but the person who sold Mac's franchises far & widely. We all know that the MacDonald brothers fell out with Ray quite early in their liaison, and that Mac's real business is in franchise royalty, realty (rental) and crops supply chain; not the Mac outlets you visit, nor the burgers you eat. Yes, those are their facade business, they are not their core business. I would think that most people knew this but I was wrong. 

Anyway, the movie is still a good watch lah. I got to tap into the brains of the three men, albeit via a movie. I only found the movie a tad flat, as in not much emo, I would expect a man who had been a loser in his friends' eyes, to display more psychological emo at least in his private moments but the movie didn't pitch that. I read from the papers that the producers had hired an "army of lawyers" to research into Mac's history in order to get their facts right. They have also sent a copy of the screenplay to Mac Corp. before filming, the only comment Mac made was that they no longer make milkshakes from powder (as mentioned in the movie), it was part of history but not current. The film producers tread cautiously along the storyline, trying to be as factual as possible in order not to be sued. Hence you get a sanitized piece of movie that is okay to watch but not memorable (except for the earliest history). Any form of perfect timing, perfect cooking texture, perfect work space, perfect efficiency, all these type of controlling factors could only come from an OCD-ed mind, which, I like.

Lastly, I read in an interview that the grandson of the Mac brothers was relieved and felt that justice was finally done to his ancestors' name now that the 'world' knows that Ray was not the original founder he claimed to be.  I am really puzzled, I mean, can't they see that this whole thing is a business deal?  If Ray brought you thousands of millions in dollars, and that your forefathers had kept mum about it as part of a pact while Ray 'conquered' the world; do you really want to jeopardize that?   I can't say for myself because I didn't have that life experience, but I don't think I it would become an emo burden if someone ran away with my creation but had benefited me in ways I was not capable of achieving it on my own. One should not bitch about something that one had benefited from and chose to keep mum about it but bitch about it decades later. One should honour one's original intent. If one has regrets, call it regrets and not "oh! finally the truth is out". Especially with business dealings. Money is the agent that gave you your house, your wife, your kids, your whatever things you use, your ego, your whatever club you go or whatever yacht you sail. So don't discount your life by bitching about the past. Ya? Furthermore, the idea of a business is to make money, they had engaged Ray to expand the business, it was just that they didn't like it when they were not consulted. But they had put up with him long enough for it to have a life of its own. Let the dead bury the dead.

 6 hours of space planning.
Whatever equipment which was unavailable then, they custom-made the equipment.



No comments:

Post a Comment