Monday, December 5, 2011

Such Difference

The "First Teeth" baby toothpaste were introduced by my mom and we just carry on using the brand. I didn't look into why Fluoride is harmful to young children until I've discovered the vast price difference. Other children brands' of toothpaste (Kodomo, Pigeon, Pureen) cost averagely $2.50 while the "First Teeth" cost $13.50. The main absent ingredient is Fluoride. I went on to google "why fluoride is harmful to children" and found that fluoride is toxic even to adults.


(at a toileteries shop in Katong Shopping Centre, it cost $10.50 hence I get from there instead of NTUC. this brand is not commonly available, probably at pharmacies they're easier to get, hence if you see it, buy it at least if your kid is below 6).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, good to read this. I recently started A1 on toothpaste. Went to the pharmacy and got one for age 2-6 but didn't check if it contains fluoride. Will check on it this evening. I know fluoride is no good for humans. But didn't know it can be toxic for children.
    Anyway, only used the toothpaste once cos A1 swallowed it. Think I am in no hurry for toothpaste. Will wait another month to try maybe.
    Oh, I showed A1 the yoga pose. hee hee He enjoyed it.
    ~sohcool

    ReplyDelete