Friday, December 30, 2011

For Your Daily Pleasure

My sis got me this tin box for Christmas and I thought it was quirkily nice. It reminds me of Adeline as we often shared somewhat of a dark humour and this tin is exactly what I would imagine her to get for me. I was surprised that my sis would also know my taste, afterall, I don't expect anyone to really know me. Nevertheless, yes, I do like this quirky little tin box although I haven't figured out what to put inside. For it to read "Happy Mood Supply Box", "For your daily pleasure" it could mean a happy pill box. (I don't comprehend the Chinese text). So I take reference to it meaning some form of a happy pill that you pop one a day to keep you happy. But then we don't need any pills. We can firstly, meditate (quiet time to quiet your mind). We could exercise (perspire to detoxify and get adrenaline going). We could do the things we enjoy (like gardening). We could talk to like-minded friends (talk over tea and not over facebook). We could have some wine and be gassy (like the effects of laughing gas). Or we could blog (like talking aloud to oneself. Ha Ha Ha!) Whatever. Just find your natural, healthy way of being happy. No one owes you happiness; not your mother, not your partner, and certainly not your boss. And by the way, don't pursue happiness - by way of saying "pursue" means you are constantly seeking it out. Just BE happy; you know? Like; be a girl, be a boy, be a mother, be a worker, be a student, Be Happy. How to be happy? That, you'll have to find your way(s). Oh, we could start by counting our blessings.


2 comments:

  1. Write the list of things that you have said, one item on one tiny piece of paper. Fill them in the tin and take them out one by one whenever you feel like it. May be just a happy thought, may not be something you needa do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's Kiki, I'm sure she will put in M&Ms. If I have a box like that, I would put little notes of what the kids do to make me laugh.
    Just a thought.
    ~~sohcool

    ReplyDelete