Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas 2011

Since the light-up at Orchard seems so uninteresting this year, I kept thinking there must be somewhere else or something more hilighting. Then, I recalled - The Tanglin Mall. They should have their snow machine still, I thought, and googled for it. True enough, the snow machine is still working. Ha Ha. Iresh, do you miss this?
In 1998, one night I worked late and walked past the mall to the bus stop. I was tired and didn't pay much attention to the decorations then. Suddenly, snow burst into the air! Followed by cheers. It was merry and exciting. I think I whipped out my Motorola StartacX and called Brendan. Over the years, this became less exciting but I'm sure this year will be different. Let Kiki have a "stimulated snow experience" (oops, will she grow up to think that it snows in Singapore?) Ha ha. I would urge you to bring your young ones there if you haven't been at least once. Bring extra clothing to change as the foam could become wet. And protect your cameras.


No comments:

Post a Comment