Monday, December 11, 2017

Weekend 9 & 10 December 2017

After violin class, we went for dinner before going to Artfriend to buy some craft clay.
Clays could keep Kiki occupied for hours. Better than being on the iPad.
Her violin teacher asked which school Kiki attends. After we've informed her, she then asked how come Kiki speaks with a slang, an Ang Moh Slang. (meaning it's not picked up from her school).
Oh..... I realized-- It's from all the YouTube she's watching. Dan TDM, her idol, is from UK. Day and night she watches his channel.


 noting but oil -_-

 mine, from Artfriend.

 went for breakfast before heading to the recycling activity.
the hawker centre and market at my place will be closing for one and a half year... the building is to be demolished and rebuilt. so...... i'd better go eat all my favourite food before they're gone.
Doing recycling makes me feel like not wanting to buy stuff unnecessarily. So much waste and wastage. Some things are new and unused, also being thrown away.


 brought Colin to the beach.

 it was a nice, quiet time, playing with sand and basically doing nothing.


 When I showed Kiki this photo, she commented that it was low tide.
I said it wasn't that low a tide.
She commented that last week, the tide came all the way up and almost reached the tree where we were sitting under its shades.
Oh yes, that's correct!

Learning to cycle on 2 wheels, the bicycle shop recommended to remove one training wheel instead of removing both. They say to get used to cycling with one support would be more reassuring for the kid. Well, I am not too sure if it'll work but we'll try.

My sis sent me to Gramercy before heading to attend her friend's baby's one month old celebration party. 

At Gramercy, the Luthier was much more patient and understanding. He serviced the bridge and readjusted its position as he commented that it had shifted out of position. In fact, he understood exactly what our teacher says about trying to "get the sound out" from our violin. It's like the tones are dull and we know that the violin is capable of casting out more vibrant tones. Well, I had been quite an idiot or illiterate when it comes to this. I didn't know that we have to change the strings and service the violin preferable in every six months if the violin is being used frequently. Waaaa..... that means higher expenses to be expected. While I might not service it that frequently, I will from now, surely ask for the opinion of her teachers if they feel that servicing is due. 

Her teacher has recommended us her student to tutor us on violin. I am so very grateful for her recommendation. We have been doing this (Suzuki) on our own for far too long, I think her teacher is almost going to throw us out of the class...........  
Finally, she threw us a lifeline, a buoy.
(cry)

In the name of Grace, if we are to have extra violin lessons and to go for a holiday next year, I would not only need to scale back every small expense, I will need to have another income stream. 

Dear Universe, send me another income stream please. Thank you.




$45 for this shoulder rest 
Luckily got sale.... 20% off. 


Meanwhile, Colin attends the baby's party with my sis =)









No comments:

Post a Comment