Wednesday, December 20, 2017

I'm too delicate for stuff like these

The guy caught me off guard. He is a HSE & Logistics personnel the shipyard. He issued a memorandum for us (suppliers) to adhere to some new regulations about having Wheel Chocks for our trucks when making delivery at the shipyard.

In his email, he gave a photograph with caption below.


No matter how I see, this is not FRONT, LEFT Wheel. It is either FRONT, RIGHT Wheel or BACK, LEFT Wheel. 

Hence, I called him on the phone but got his voice mail (twice).
Eventually, I dropped him an email to clarify. 
Shortly after, he called me on the phone and became aggressive. He said that sooooooo many vendors been calling him, then he proceed to lash out at me. He says that it is not important as to which wheel to chock as long as we have a pair of wheel chocks. (Then why need to send such a serious HSE bulletin? If we didn't adhere, will we be in trouble?)

I was very taken aback, because it had been a long time since someone yelled at me over the phone.
I think I was so shaken that I felt weak.
Then I decided to keep calm and told myself to stand my ground.
Since the caption is incorrect, I asked, isn't then for me to clarify?

He yelled over the phone that he was "sorry" to have sent the email, blah blah blah.
He went on for a while more before he slammed down his handset.

I was much affected by his outburst. I thought I felt my body trembled because I had not back down. I wasn't even attacking him, if I were to, I would make a complaint to his boss. Because, EVERYONE HAS A BOSS. Be it the work boss, home boss, or spiritual boss.

Too many work acquaintances have either died of ill health, or have been diagnosed with cancer.
This is precisely telling me that work stress translates to cancer for some people. People who take yelling at badly. People who take stress badly.





No comments:

Post a Comment