Saturday, March 25, 2017

I don't like sarcasm.........


When we got home, it was late... like almost 11 pm. 
Still, I was running through her enrichment class homework because there will be class the next morning and she has to hand this up. She said she wasn't sure of the answers and asked me to view. 
But she was so tired after showers, she fell asleep (on top of all my pillows and blanket!) 

Anyway, this Comprehension paragraph is a terrible story. 
Why are they putting sarcasm in a kid's story?   I think I have a good sense of humour, sometimes even twisted, but still, I do not like these kinds of sarcastic intents to be given to children. I will give my feedback to the Teacher when I next meet her. 

I don't think I should be apologetic for this... I really don't like sarcasm. Ever especially when it comes to talking to children. I feel a bit over-protective because I feel that children have yet to have the mental-emotional skills to filter sarcasm and to either reflect upon the indirect feedback or to decipher if it was meant to belittle or to manipulate. These kinds of stuff they will sooner or later learn, it is not necessary to put it in an assignment.

Furthermore, the article threw shade at aspiring artist and discredited hard work . I do understand that not all hard work leads to proficiency or even any breakthrough, but there is no need to make an example at someone else expense. Bad taste. 


I don't even know if the answer is (2) or (3). It could be either.
The more cynical answer would be (2) but why wanna teach them these?

No comments:

Post a Comment