Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Your Mood Is Tangible


Your Mood Is Tangible.

After sending Kiki to school on Day 2, I thought I might as well go marketing at Marine Terrace since the hawker centre and market is just a stone throw away. 

You know, I was so........ bewildered. The wet market stall holders are ALL VERY NICE PEOPLE. I stood there for five minutes to observe. I walked around for another two minutes to observe. They were all very friendly, and warm. It is not those kind of Hawking kind of greetings. They felt very.... what you call that?  They send out feelings of kinship and were genuinely patient. They arranged their stalls in such a way that all the veggies and groceries looked like one big island. There was no boundaries and even though some customers took their vegs to the wrong stall owner to make payment, they were re-directed to the correct stall holders in the most encouraging manner. 

This is highly contrasting to the market at my place. Seriously. My market is commercial without heart.They frown when you're not sure how much of what to buy. It's like- Shoosh. Fly.
I thought to myself, seriously, one bunch of kindred spirits coming together can make a space feel inviting and warm. Either they are so special or that I've been treated badly until I think Friendliness is rare commodity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment