Thursday, January 28, 2016

Exploring P1 Online

Many parents are full of complaints. They feel that the school takes for granted that the parents have given their kids a head-start in extra curricular enrichment classes and that four weeks into P1, the expectations from the child is unrealistic. To a certain extent, that's true. But what is the use of complaining? If you go on and on and on and on, that's wasted energy. For me, I will do within my means to seek resources. Of course the easy way out is to send Kiki to Math & English enrichment on top of Chinese which she's taking but I think I wanna hold out, hopefully hold out until P3?  Not sure if I would be able to but I will just do within my means.

The school had introduced two resource websites to us. One focuses on Math, the other - English, Chinese, Math, and General Knowledge (Encyclopaedia Britannica). I feel that's wonderful! So many things to use and learn. Just need to familiarize ourselves with the Apps, it's the same with any distance learning programme, the lesson plans are there, exercises are there, homework are there. Anything else that we may need, just go seek further from teachers, books and if you're lucky; friends, not limiting to online resources. 

Well, to each his own, I am not here to convince anyone. I am here to learn to cope with our educational system and to manage the well-being of my children, to manage their health, comfort and happiness. That's all. 

So, last night, as I was in my showers, Kiki asked- Mama, it's not 10 yet, can we play the Math games later?  Me- Oh sure, but I have to hurry, it's 9.35.... they will be closed at 10. (yes, there's a clock in my bathroom) So I quickly showered and we logged in to see what challenge-sums are there.

Waa.. quite challenging lei. Shall explain to her about these kind of questions another time.




 Encyclopaedia Britannica- many topics


 Chinese



 So SILLY!  I got it wrong twice and the programme kicked me out.
Based on the boy's facial expression, isn't is "Oh!"  so I chose O in first tone but it was wrong. So I thought okay, Oh! in fourth tone, like OH! expression. Still wrong!

After I attempted the second question, did I realise-- oh,,,, it was O in third tone. as in Wo (Me) 我. The picture is showing the boy pointing himself- "Me". But I don't know why the test is only on AEIOU, where is the beginning alphabet?

Anyway. Ha ha. 


Supposedly Yu (with two dots above u)

 

Math "Number Bond"





 Lots of English stuff-- Nouns, Verbs, Articles, Adjectives, Adverbs, Connectors, Preposition, Grammar. Isn't this wonderful?




5 comments:

  1. Wah. So cheem one. :( I have mixed feelings about it.
    A1 is learning really simple stuff for the moment. (Good or bad compared to Sg system.)
    But well, there is no pressure here and he is having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed parenting in regards to education is not easy. Too much pressure may backfire. Too relaxed - worry about missing developmental stage.

      Delete
  2. for chinese, there is the MOE website Xuele. You can try it. Very useful for revising chapter by chapter. have games also - it follows the MOE syllabus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me.

      Delete
    2. http://xuele.moe.edu.sg/xuele/slot/u107/huanlehuoban/MOE_web/main.html

      Delete