Friday, January 8, 2016

Of Bow Ribbons and a Pink, Japanese Design Pencil




Last evening, we were unwinding and I was getting ready for my showers while Kiki was supposed to start her violin practice when I asked her how her day was and what she had at recess. She recounted about how, after she bought herself two bow ribbons, she gave a friend 50 cents to buy some ribbons also but another girl snatched the money from her friend and asked Kiki for another dollar to buy herself a Japanese (design) pencil. After that girl got her pencil, Kiki gave ANOTHER dollar to her friend because that friend hadn't gotten the ribbons which they have first set out to purchase. Before the two of them had the chance to buy the ribbons, the bell rang and they had to gather at the hall to return to their classroom. Kiki was so mad and upset that her eyes and nose were threatening with tears. She said that her friend didn't get to buy the bow ribbons and that made her very angry. (But her friend is keeping the $1 until the next day when they will go to the bookshop again).

I was like- WHAT?!!!?
(in total Kiki parted with $0.50 + $1 + $1 = $2.50)

I asked her why did she give her friend money.
She said that because she wants to give her friend a treat.
I said why don't she give me a treat instead. Stop giving treats to your friend! Did she ask for it?
No, she didn't but she only have 10 cents so she needs another 50 cents to buy two ribbons. 
What about the other girl! Is she your friend?
Quiet. No, but she was at the bookshop. 
Me: You better ask her to return you the $1.50. Either that or the Pencil. I am going to tell your teacher!  You must not Borrow, Loan, or Treat your friends to these every day! Look at Mama, I lent my friend(s) money and I never got it back! You can buy your friends a small present for their birthdays. And Christmas. That's all.
Kiki: What is your friend's name?
Me: What! 
Kiki: What is the name of your friend who never return you the money. 
Me:  I don't want to talk about it! Just don't lend people money!

She began to cry and asked if I want to see her cry in class because her teacher will surely scold her.

Apparently, she hasn't bought any meals except drinks. She says she's afraid she can't finish the food and that she can't waste food by throwing them away..........

No comments:

Post a Comment