Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Recess and Chinese Spelling



She had been skipping recess because the crowd was overwhelming.  (How to not eat from 6am till 1.30pm?) Sometimes our breakfast is just an Oreo bar.  

There are about 1,500 students in the entire cohort, half of them gets recess from 10 till 10.30 (P1, 3 & 5) while the other half (P2, 4, 6) would have their break at 10.30 till 11. Still, it is very crowded at the canteen and she doesn't know what to get. She asked me for lunchbox but I can't really cook nor am I prepared to wake up at 5.30am.......... It's a long day from 6am till 11pm as it is. For now, we do the "all-in-one-pot-dish"  that is to cook steam rice and put whatever canned food I can think of. Probably got to throw in some veggies also. I say we will do this as much as possible, on days that we're not on time, then she got to eat at the canteen.

We received ten pages of Chinese Spelling. Ten words / Hanyu Pingying per week.
I was like........ don't know to faint or to cry.
Surely I'm not the only one facing this, right?  *sigh.
I told the Papa, after we settle the car, we have to quickly get Colin onto Chinese class ley.............. Look at the Spelling List! How?
This Chinese thing is occupying so much resources. Time, effort and money. It's not fair to the other subjects. Why!

*sigh.
Just got to derive a way to learn it the smart way. Not sure how but will find a way!






1 comment:

  1. Just buy some bun or other bread stuff the day before, warm up and put in a box with some fruits for her to bring lah. I do all that on the lazier days. Sushi too... Or have some frozen stuff that you can warm up also .

    ReplyDelete