Friday, January 22, 2016

Of Dragon Buns and a Figuritive Jacuzzi


So after piano last evening, we headed to eat Xiao Long Bao. (I told them wrongly that it's Little Dragon Bun.... it is not Dragon Long but Basket Long right? 小笼包 not 小龙包) Anyway. She loves Xiao Long Bao and says that the meat looks like a brain. Eew... 
 While waiting for our seats, she made acquaintance with a boy of the same age. Their conversation went something along the line of - Oh! I am also six. What is your school?  (Boy reply: Tao Nan) Kiki: My mother also wanted Tao Nan but dah dah dah, blah blah blah (she really said that, dah dah dah, blah blah bla -_-") so we didn't go to Tao Nan. It is like the swimming pool is this small (held up hands to gesture a 'rectangular box', figuratively like a Jacuzzi ), can take only 10 people but 30 people are trying to get into the same pool. (Oh...... ya, that was how I had explained to her, ya right, it was me. not a wrong metaphor / analogy to use though). So anyway, that boy was so sweet. He kept walking past our table to just smile and hoped Kiki could chat with him some more since she declared to me that he was her friend. Kids, they make friends fast. But we had to go get my cousin a present for her 21st. Sharing the present with my sis. Plus we are going to stock up for recess.While having our 小笼包s we caught up with each other about our day. Kiki said they had the first 听写 that day and I went OMG! I forgot about her 听写 totally! Completely off my mind. Gosh. Luckily the first list was easy........... Gosh, time just fly by every day! Then she went on to tell me about her teacher scolding a boy who had crushed and stepped Blue Berries all over the floor of the classroom. I said - But it's not that boy's fault what, I mean, if he knew he was stepping and staining Blue Berries all over, he would have stopped. Who dropped those Berries? No one knew nor did anyone volunteered to own up. With scoldings impending, who would wanna own up.

At NTUC, she met another six-year-old. And the girl is from Tao Nan also. Again the conversation went along the line of "the swimming pool being so small, with 30 people trying to squeeze in". Then the girl said - But my mommy says Tao Nan is a good school. (to this Kiki has no reply). Almost every other kid we meet is either with Kong Hua or Tao Nan and they are proud to respond to "Oh, that's a very good school!". I haven't thought of how Kiki feels about that; it is natural that at the playground, the kids ask each other. Some people will also ask through Maricar. There was once a PRC couple, they placed their reservation at Kiki (and Colin's) Childcare, on the pretext that I had recommended them (!!!) I don't even know them okay. Their daughter was with YWCA with Kiki but when we switched after her 3rd BD, they wanted to know where we went and then they found out from Maricar, then they just co-ordinated with our new Childcare. Until the Principal called me and apologise that she couldn't hold the reservation for my "friend" because they took such a long time to decide and there are other kids on wait list.. So puzzling cos I didn't recommend anyone there and if I did, I would have passed a remark to the P. So I told the P to ignore them, they are not my friends!

Anyway. That girl at NTUC was so sweet, she insisted that Kiki take the doodles she's made. It says "I LOVE YOU! MUMMY" and the other was a sketch of a Superhero "V". She made them for her mommy but since she bumped into Kiki, she wants Kiki to have the doodles. When I got home, I saw the doodles and said to Kiki - Look, her handwriting is so neat! You must learn to write neatly like this!  (don't faint on me lah, guys.)




 for Recess over the next few weeks.

 The "freedom" key should be for my aunt. 
A parent is responsible for the child from age 0 to 21.


 This morning's one-pot-dish 


No comments:

Post a Comment