Monday, September 1, 2014

Weekend

This naughty boy gave me a forced-smile just to make me stop harassing him for a pose.
This week at music, we played with bell-chimes CDEFGABC. Colin recognises only letters A & C.... with him, it's very different.... he's still very playful and hasn't a care in the world whether he knows the alphabets or not. All he cares is for his toy cars, helicopters, Peppa Pig on Youtube channel. 

We learned two new words last week. The ones at the top were written by me, the bottom two are hers.
Kiki's writing is not too bad, although sometimes a tad too faint and scrawny but generally it's so-far-so-good. However, her teacher did not pass her in 听写 because the 花 she had written in class was short of a "hook" at the bottom right.......... I was a little dismayed because,,,,,, I mean,,,,, it's just a tiny hook, can't you take it as an abstract font? Hummm, no?.......never mind, the focus for us is to acquire the spirit of learning to write and to eventually write in Chinese.


 No "hook", no pass.....

I think I need to refresh my memory in writing with the Chinese strokes.. I found a chart from the Net which I found useful (to intonate when first learning to write the word). I mean, that was what I remember of my Primary school's teaching. We could only improve from here!



No comments:

Post a Comment