Monday, September 8, 2014

Last Friday Night

Kiki ran from the living room, towards us in the kitchen - howling and crying at the same time - "I cannot eat my chu-chuk anymore!!!!!" She was hysterical.

"what happened!" we cried.
"my tooth came out!!! i cannot eat my chu-chuk anymore!" she wept.
We couldn't stop laughing. "oh well, it's okay! everybody's baby teeth will drop and new teeth will grow" She only stopped crying after we assured her that the tooth fairy will come and also she can have the pacifier for as long as she wishes. (I hope I won't live to regret making this "informed decision") So anyway, we placed $10 under her pillow but I didn't remove that tiny tooth which was sealed in a zip-lock bag. I didn't know it was part of the deal. So she was surprised that tooth fairy forgot to take her tooth (she says it looked like a screwdriver, and she's right! it looked like a flat head screwdriver!) and asked if she could place it under her pillow again the following night. Her Papa said it was a good idea -_-" This time, the tooth fairy took that tooth away and left a dollar (gold coin). She bought a bubbles kit ($3) and played it with her new found friends at AT's house on Saturday night. Every friend she made, she told them about the tooth fairy. So anyway, how did her tooth came off at 1am in the morning!? Bren & I were savouring our wines till I forget the hour. I must have been distracted and didn't know that she asked for an apple and the Papa gave her an apple. At 1am?! while watching Cartoon Network? I still laugh over whatever foolish parenting we do. Sometimes we just went on autopilot.




So anyway, we sipped and sipped our old wines, and played so many songs over Youtube.After a few of my Mandarin emo songs, he cried - "Not Chinese! I don't understand!"  So I said okay,,,,,,,,,, and said - Take turns! You play one, I play the next one. cos he was dominating with the likes of I-don't-know-who-but-I-know-that-song songs. And we tried to out-do each other with whatever songs that came with the mood and we had Enrique, Men at Work, Freddie, Annie, David Bowie, Black Eye Peas, Mike Oldfield, Kanye West, One Republic, Avicii, John Legend, Pink, and many more, the whole night till 3. By then, Kiki has gone to tooth fairy dreamland.


1 comment: